This Place is Taken: 7 years in IT

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

7 years in IT

 

I just noticed, today is February 18th, 2014. That would mean I have completed 7 (long) years in the Indian Information Technology Industry today.

While most people would look back proudly at what they achieved, honestly, I feel bad. That’s all it has been ? Life and Career has been very hectic for me. And I can feel age and tiredness catching up with me.

Here is my wish: I wish, the coming years bring me more leisure and fun. That I get time to catch up with whatever I missed the last 7 years.

I want to say, that the worst is behind us. But at my point in my career, I know for sure the journey ahead will only get rough.

And this brings me to a poem I grew up with. It is called Leisure.

 

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

 

                                                        -William Henry Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment