This Place is Taken: Cosmos - This journey is awesome !

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cosmos - This journey is awesome !

 

Today I finally started watching the new Cosmos series, downloaded from the net. The original Cosmos TV programmes had inspired and motivated me during my own school days. I had watched re-runs of the programme on regional channels, and then was able to watch the series on youtube. I was sure it was the greatest piece of scientific programming there was, and that no other show could beat it, in terms of sheer grandeur, and scientific temper.

Thankfully, I was mistaken. The new Cosmos reboot has taken the show to the next level. Astronomer Neil Dygrasse Tyson is as good as Carl Sagan, if not better. Who else to guide you on the journey through the Cosmos than the student of Carl Sagan himself ?

 

image

The series has also triggered viewer’s interest in Science again. Take a look at Wikipedia Stats for Fraunjoffer, interest in this page peaked just after his episode on light was telecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment