This Place is Taken: Trainman.in - check the probability of your tickets getting confirmed

Monday, July 28, 2014

Trainman.in - check the probability of your tickets getting confirmed

 

 

When was the last time you booked a Waitlisted ticket on the Indian railways, hoped it would get confirmed, but it didn’t, and you had travel some other way ? Nowadays, I don’t travel much on trains, but when I do, its for the weekends or holidays. If I don’t book a confirmed ticket on the booking day itself, there is very little chance for a WL ticket to Kerala getting confirmed.

Why ? Because Kerala is the biggest tourist destination in South India. People try to travel to Kerala all the time ,the climate, greenery, and food beckons. I am on the receiving side because that’s my home state, and all the berths are taken up by casual travellers, and other Mallus too.

So I somehow stumbled upon this new site called Trainmain.in. They use machine learning to look up historic ticket trends and try to predict if you can get a confirmed ticket on the train you wish to travel on.

Just go to the site, enter your start and end points, and choose the date of travel. Trainmain looks up the current availability status, and lets you know your chances of getting a confirmed berth. This is what I got:

 

image

 

As you can see, there is very little chance for me to travel to my hometown next week.

The guys how built this site are from IITs, so it figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment