This Place is Taken: Richard Attenborough - A legend laid to rest

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Richard Attenborough - A legend laid to rest

 

Today when I opened up my news page, what I read was a unpleasant shock. Richard Attenborough, known to most as John Hammond, died yesterday at the age of 90.

tumblr_nau30yeCru1rsiohpo1_500

With a lot of buzz around the upcoming Jurassic World (sequel to Jurassic Park series) many (including me) where hoping of a cameo by the gentle Mr Hammond. Alas, it seems he has had the last laugh. The other movie I have enjoyed him in , is the 1963 war filmthe Great Escape.

 

 

Richard Attenborough, left, preparing to shoot Ben Kingsley, right, on the “Gandhi” set in the early ’80s. Mr. Attenborough won an Academy Award for best director. Credit Columbia Tristar

Looking at Wikipedia traffic, Richard’s bio page has got heavy traffic today.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment