This Place is Taken: 75 days

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

75 days

 

 

75 days. Of misery. Of patience. Of hope. Thats how long I had to wait. Its one of those rare times when I had all the time in the world, but nothing to do.

In the end, it feels sweet. All that hard work was worth it.

When I initially arrived in this new country, I was damn sure I would land a job right away. Surely, I had everything they wanted. Few people out there could boast of my skill and experience.

Or so I thought.

I had to wait 75 days. In order to land my first job.

Later I heard stories of people waiting more than 3 months just to land their first gig. Ouch.

There are accounts of people taking up low paying unskilled jobs just to get some income. Desperate measures.

I guess I was more fortunate.

So now, its back to the 12 hour overtime-without-overtime-pay schedule for me.


Things have a funny way of working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment